What is the Town Council?
It is a totally volunteer organization that is open to all Cardiff residents and persons working within or have an interest in the Cardiff community. Created in 1977, it serves as an organization to keep you informed on the goings on in Cardiff.
You will have the ability to help preserve our community’s character, promote Cardiff’s needs to the city and other agencies, and help to plan Cardiff’s future while gaining invaluable experiences. You will have an opportunity to work with outstanding citizens and community leaders who care about Cardiff. You can become actively involved at any level you choose.
When does the Cardiff Town Council meet?
We do most of our work/information by email. We have Town Hall meetings when necessary and have Candidates Forums every other year when there are local elections. These meetings are free and open to the public.
How much does a membership cost?
A family membership is only $15 per year and has been since 1977. Memberships are renewable each October 1st. These contributions help support printing of newsletters every other month and special notices, banners and fliers.
Some of our projects/accomplishments include:
- Instrumental in getting the Cardiff I-5 viewpoint cleaned up.
- Donated 20 palm trees to be planted in the So. Cardiff State Beach parking lot.
- Started the push for privatization of city government services.
- Established the flower boat at the SW corner of Chesterfield/101.
- Helped with the Project Pride 1994 volunteer clean-up.
- Saved our steep Birmingham walk from destruction.
- Organized building the “Piece of the Walk” sidewalk project on Birmingham.
- Instrumental in having Cardiff by the Sea added to the CalTrans sign on I-5.
- Asked for local design review control (CAB system) as incorporation condition.
- Assisted in the beach park design at Seaside Beach, So. Cardiff.
- Fought to keep our post office and 92007 zip code.
- Instrumental in bringing MiraCosta College to Cardiff.
- Responsible for the committee for the Preservation of the San Elijo Lagoon.
- Helped in the on-going fight for future undergrounding of utilities in Cardiff.
- Installed the Cardiff by the Sea sign at Birmingham/I-5.
- Led the fight against excessive sewer assessment fees.
Want to join?
COMPLETE, CLIP & MAIL TO:
Cardiff by the Sea Town Council
P.O. Box 114, Cardiff by the Sea, CA 92007
application form Click Here